Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96

Thread: what happened to the Spice Girls?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Gav Ruadh Hallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2003
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fair enough, Live8 was a grand noble gesture...
    But I'm still trying to figure out why the 8 most powerful leaders in the world would give a shit about something in the entertainment industry.

    As far as erasing Third World Debt, I'm sure President Mugabe and his ilk are sitting in their VERY expensive chairs joking
    "Hey! We don't have to pay those Yanks and Brits back! That's a big weight off me shoulders HAHAHAHA!!"

  2. #62
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'Live 8' has nothing to do with Susan Sontag. Live
    8 is... what is it, really? Coldplay's latest
    pseudo-miserable offerings? Fuck me!

    D.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 12, 2005 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  3. #63
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by Deviant D:
    As soon as 'pomoism'/'post-modernism' raises its
    turgid head in a discussion, I turn off - sorry.

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Darren, I speak to bury pomoism, not to praise it.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by Gav Ruadh Hallion:
    Fair enough, Live8 was a grand noble gesture...
    But I'm still trying to figure out why the 8 most powerful leaders in the world would give a shit about something in the entertainment industry.

    As far as erasing Third World Debt, I'm sure President Mugabe and his ilk are sitting in their VERY expensive chairs joking
    "Hey! We don't have to pay those Yanks and Brits back! That's a big weight off me shoulders HAHAHAHA!!"
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Gav...the whole problem with even using the designation of "third world" is that it rests on the fallacy that there even is such a thing. In doing so, it denies the fact that poverty is spread throughout the world, and not just in certain countries. It also enables various crooks to exploit by allowing them to falsely identify with actual struggling people when they themselves riot in luxury. Anyway, the whole thing ignores the fact that a shitload of WORKING people in the so-called West are struggling, and not just some romanticised, exotic "natives." I believe Marx called it accurately: Wage slavery.

    BTW...how long do you think it will be before the "Six Counties" become an actual, separate political entity? I would say they would be a liabilty to the rest of Eire now. Ironic, isn't it?

  5. #65
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JayForSure:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by Deviant D:
    As soon as 'pomoism'/'post-modernism' raises its
    turgid head in a discussion, I turn off - sorry.

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Darren, I speak to bury pomoism, not to praise it.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Halleluiah! Pomo - lost on most who are reading
    this, of course - is dead. It never really existed
    in the first place.

    D.

  6. #66
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    For something that "never existed", it had a hella influence on what passes for culture over the last thirty plus years.

  7. #67
    Inactive Member glamgirlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What do ya get when ya put the Spice Girls in a toaster?
    POP-TARTS

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Johnny B's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the Spice Girls I once met them and it changed my life


    Seems like every rose really does have its thorn!!!!!!

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I met MC Hammer but he just wanted to borrow a few quid! You got it wrong D.
    Dyke = Chisholm
    Gobby= Brown (aint he married to Whitney Houston)
    Fairy = Bunton
    cartoon= Haliwell

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 14, 2005 03:57 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font>

  10. #70
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JayForSure:
    For something that "never existed", it had a hella influence on what passes for culture over the last thirty plus years.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">I meant that I only accept its validity from a
    philosophical perspective (e.g. 'There are no
    universal truths'). As for culture; architecture;
    multimedia, etc., all hitherto definitions are,
    at best, vague and clumsy. I also have a huge
    amount of this bollox to read for my disseration,
    so I'm trying to ignore it as such as possible
    for now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    And speaking of post-modernist culture...
    I won't be around for the forseeable future: am
    off making a documentary about this weekend's
    Hull Film Festival - http://www.hullfilm.co.uk/ -
    and will probably by stuck in the edit-suite for
    a while afterwards.

    D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •